I'm really trying to be tired. But, I'm not.
Today was wonderful, because FINALLY I did a portrait session. Taking photos of people was exactly what I've been missing. I love, love, love photography. It just takes me to another place (cliche city!--no pun intended). Really though, I can spend hours and hours on taking photos and processing them. I had to rip myself away from the computer tonight. It is kind of addicting, editing photos. I love each one, and find such joy in skimming through finding favorites. It's the best feeling to create art. It is extremely satisfying.
The location of my shoot today was a park that seemed like it used to be a ranch. It was really unique in that it had an old, dilapitated stall, chickens and peacocks running around, an old house and orange trees. And of course palm trees (which, by the way, are not native to Arizona). I knew I had a lot of great photos before the shoot was even over. It was perfect. Except that I lost my client's sunglasses. Yeah. That pretty much ruined my high. So, I offered to replace them, we shall see what happens there. I feel terrible, but at the same time--well, of course I don't want to pay for the glasses. We'll see what happens.
On a totally unrelated note...I am getting married in six months! Well, six months and few days, but who (besides me) is counting. I can't wait to marry Matt. That is it. The wedding--I hope it is fun, but really, I don't care THAT much about it. The thing I truly care about is being with Matt. It's so exciting to think about what the future holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment