Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ef that Shiz

Is cursing bad? I've been wanting to curse a lot lately. Just little stressors and things have been driving me toward saying 'bad words'. It's not even that though--really, it just feels good to get my feelings out, and honestly, cursing provides and outlet for it. Or sometimes, I just want to say them to say them. 

It's weird, because I never used to curse. I didn't say the 'f-word' until I was 17, and even after that, I don't think I said it again until college. I thought it was bad and I felt awkward and guilty saying words like that. 

At some point though, my lips loosened. I started to curse more and more. And yet, I still don't think I 'over curse'. Not at all. But, I do wonder...is it so bad? 

I guess I kind of go back and forth on it, because I really dislike hearing a string of cuss words coming out of peoples' mouths. At the same time, I think it's an okay thing to do, if you aren't hurting anyone else. And, I know people say words don't hurt, but I think if you are doing it in front of your five-year-old or your 94-year-old grandmother, that's crossing the line. 

So, what to do...hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment