I'm goofy and silly. I make jokes and say things that don't always make sense. I go about things in a unique way at times. I often make a fool of myself. And I admit, and make public, my confusion, shortcomings and misunderstanding.
But, I'm not stupid.
I don't know what I have to do to prove to people that I'm actually half way intelligent. Do I need to keep a serious face at all times? Carry around a notebook full of musings and math problems? Wear my glasses all day long? Or maybe I just need to put a Post-it on my forehead that reads: I'm not an idiot.
I am tired of people making fun of me. I don't need or want to be the butt of all jokes. I just want to be myself. I want to have fun. Life is supposed to be fun, right? I thought so, anyway.
I dance like I mean it.
I say outlandish things.
I make up random jokes.
I listen a lot more than I talk.
I like myself.
If all of that makes me stupid, then I am as stupid as they come.
No comments:
Post a Comment