Thursday, June 30, 2011

I've never been able to put a label on myself. Forget a label, I've never even been able to say who I am, really. There are so many people out there whom I admire or look up to. Even just people I think are cool. Who am I amongst all of them?

I wish someone looked up to me. I wish someone looked at me and though, "Wow, that girl has it together." No one thinks that, I guarantee it.

I think that I want so badly to be something other than what, or who, I am. I just wish I could be the girl I admire. I just can't seem to puncture into anyone's world. I'm always just left a few feet outside of everyone's territory.

I don't fit in with pretty, dumb girls. I'm neither pretty enough or dumb enough for that. The artsy crowd is too exclusive. Let's not even think about sporty people--not that I would even want to hang with them. I don't know enough html code to be a true nerd and I don't read enough to be a bookworm. Where do I fit in? Maybe if I knew, I would make a heck of a lot more friends...

Somehow though, I do fit in with MY crowd. We're a funny gaggle. All different, yet much more middle of the road than others. Maybe that's what makes us friends. We're balanced. And friendly.

So where are all the other middle of the roaders of the world? Can we form a cliche?


No comments:

Post a Comment