Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How is it that inspiration so often comes out of devastation or desperation? I write best when I feel the worst. Do I ignore happy feelings and choose not to write about them? Or do the negative feelings simply derive more emotion. I think that when a terrible event happens, or extreme sadness or turmoil comes over me, I tend to over think and over analyze my feelings. Therefore, the only solution in clearing my head is to write. I write about all of it. Everything I am feeling at the time. Every thought is revised and recorded. It gives me something to read about. It organizes me and makes me feel less frazzled. Writing away sadness is therapy for the soul.

I want to write about happy things. I want to make people laugh or smile when they read my stories. How do I do it though? Where to I find inspiration in happiness? I'll be looking...here's to positive authoring!

No comments:

Post a Comment