I was reading through writing prompts for adults--I don't know why, just go with it--and I saw one that suggested writing about what younger me would have thought about older me. I actually think it was "what younger me would have liked", but either way, I thought it was an interesting idea.
I mean, I guess it depends on which younger me we are thinking about…
Ohio college-grad Jessica would be really surprised at the amount of friends I have made since leaving Ohio. At that time, I really thought the few friends I had managed to keep in Ohio would be my only friends for the rest of my life. However, when I got to Arizona, I began making friends through lots of different avenues. I guess at that time I thought that if I hadn't made that many friends in college, I probably wouldn't make many from there on out. Another thing I'd have been surprised by is how much I actually do enjoy my job. Sure, some days are tough and demanding, but overall, I feel like I am in the right career. I like what I do. I have a lot of fun teaching and I absolutely love that I've found a job I can be creative in.
I just don't think this journal prompt thing is working for me. I feel like it is almost too…basic. What I want to write about is deeper and more meaningful (well, to me at least). Journal prompts just seem way too surface level. I guess that is just not how I think of a journal.
No comments:
Post a Comment