Monday, September 26, 2011

Jesus Loves You!

It saddens me lately to see so many Christians I know suddenly rebel and turn against God. And, by lately, I guess I mean in the last few years.

No one in particular, just people. Friends, acquaintances, randoms, whatever. Many of the people whom I have seen go through this 'transformation' are people who grew up in strict Christian homes with parents who way over did it on the discipline. I feel like they are living out their teenage rebellious years now. It's just sad to me, because some of them do not realize that God is so much more.

I feel like a lot of these people grew up learning about God in a very 'textbook' sense. They knew all about Him, but did they really know Him? They may have had life experiences along the way that made them angry towards God, or maybe they world told them that He wasn't really there. I don't really know, and I won't pretend to know. It just makes me sad.

I know I'm not perfect. Not even close. I mean, really not close at all. Sometimes, I think I'm a terrible Christian. I don't go to church as much as I should and I don't think I live the way Jesus would want a lot of the time. I worry I'm not a good enough Christian. I have doubts and fears and regrets just like everyone else. But I do try. Really. I try to be like Jesus. It's just hard, because, well, He has such huge shoes sandals to fill.

If I could tell every one of those people one thing it would be this:  Jesus is your friend. He loves you. He knows you've made mistakes and questioned things along the way. He knows what you've been through. He knows your struggles and your hardships. But, still, He loves you. Keep Him in your heart. Remember why you are a Christian in the first place. It's not because you are the best at following the ten commandments or you can recite the books of the Bible in backwards order. It's because you believe Jesus saved you. Remember that!

Anyway, I guess that's all

No comments:

Post a Comment