It's so weird when a lot of your friends start getting married. I can't believe how many already have. It's an odd feeling. Marriage also seemed like an untouched non-reality, but now it's here and it's happening. It's so weird that it is now. I'm looking forward to Matt and I being married. I guess you know you are growing up when you are more excited for the marriage than the wedding. Not that I don't want to have a kick azz wedding...!
It's incredible to be at a place in life where you can see where things are headed. I am so lucky and happy to have Matt in my life. I think people underestimate, maybe I even underestimate the love we have for one another. I guess we don't have the most obvious, blatant, in-your-face love, but to me, it's perfect. We fight together, laugh together, cry together and enjoy each other for who we truly are. I'm so thankful to have met such an amazing best friend who could become an amazing boyfriend too. I'm so in love.
The thing that first attracted me to Matt was how easily I could talk to him. It didn't take long before I was telling him secrets I hadn't told my closest friends in the past. He became my best friend. We created such a strong connection so long ago, I'm just beyond excited for that bond to strengthen as we grow older. I know sometimes I take Matt for granted, because he is honestly a really, really good guy. I know no matter what, he will always be there. He supports me in everything I do, loves me for who I am, encourages me, respects me and helps me in every way. I know sometimes he has a tough outer shell to crack, but inside he has a very soft and kind heart.
I like to think that God handpicked Matt and I for each other. I know that my weird personality and tendency to over think everything could not be matched with many others. However, Matt handles my "funny" voices, loud singing, uncoordinated dancing, clumsiness, obsessing and analyzing like a pro. I don't know what anyone else would do with a person like me. Personally, I think we're two in a million.
I'm so excited for our future. There have been so many twists, turns and surprises in our relationship so far, I can only imagine the rest of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment