I guess the first step is to stop spending. Easier said than done, yes? I would love to say that nothing makes me happier than living simply, but I enjoy retail therapy, I really do. It feels so good to buy a new outfit or electronic gadget. As a photographer, I indulge way too often in the latter category. How can I stop myself from spending so much??
I've tried budgeting, but, like with everything else in my life, I lack the control to actually be able to maintain the budget. I've tried cleaning up clutter, but again, it always comes back to haunt me. It never ceases to amaze me that I have so much, when I need so little. However, what words commonly drain from my mouth? "I have no money." "I wish I were rich." "I want ______."...the list goes on.
I need to stop, and really, I want to stop. Life is about so, so much more than material things. I just need to figure out how to make this MY reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment